For our second day in Bangkok, we headed to the Rattanakosin or the Old City area. This particular day is a little disappointing for me; and although I originally had planned to rant all about this day here in my blog... But, it's too disappointing to remember, so I won't talk about it. Scroll down to see more photos of the temples and buddha images, and also directions to the destinations.
To go to Wat Pho & Grand Palace:
1. Take the BTS, take the Silom line and go down in Saphan Taksin station.
2. Go out through Exit 2
3. Take the Chao Phraya River Express Boat Pier and then take the boat heading to Tha Tien Pier (N.8) and just walk straight to Wat Pho (Go along with the huge boat, with other people. Don't go on separate longtail boat, they charge price higher. The express boat has set price (15 Baht) and they give you ticket, so you won't be tricked!!!)
4. To go to Grand Palace, just ask around for direction. My friend and I walked to Grand Palace; but if you want to save time or your strength go ahead ride the tuk-tuk. But really, you should just walk...
To go to Wat Arun:
1. Wat Arun is on the other side of Wat Pho and Grand palace, you can take taxi, tuk-tuk or boat again... but personally I think boat is the best option
2. Go to Tha Tien pier and then this ferry will take you straight across with only 3 Baht!
To go to Asiatique:
1. [From BTS] Exit 2 and go to the pier and there'll be a shuttle ferry provided by Asiatique. It is free and the journey takes probably about 10 minutes and it's available until 11 PM
2. [From Tha Tien Pier] You can take the Chao Phraya River Express Boat and go down on the Asiatique pier, this cost 15 Baht